Jane told me something about you and gave me a copy of your CV which sounds
very interesting. Below I have pasted the first draft proposal for the
project. I would be grateful if you could tell me after reading it:
1. Are you interested?
2. If yes what you might do bearing in mind the theme of the project
3. How much funding you might need
I hope this doesn't sound too blunt but we have to make decisions on
participants quickly, also if you are interested I would like to discuss the
project further. I would also say we are also waiting to hear if we have
extra funding we have applied for.
Margate is on the brink of radical change and renewal through the process of
urban regeneration currently in progress. The aim of the project is to
create a 'map' of Margate that is a kaleidoscopic representation of it
before this change happens, an archive of the present for the future. The
project will define Margate through the people living in it, their
histories and experience filtered through the contemporary culture and
technology of the day. Gathering as many representations of the place as
possible, when brought together they will constitute a living map of the
1. An existing map of Margate will form the starting point for the project,
this will be divided into segments.
2. Participating artists will be identified and will be allotted a segment.
3. They will be asked to make a representation of all or part of the area
within that segment, within an allotted timespan. This representation can be
in any medium.
When completed these representation will have the potential to be used in
· They will be exhibited/displayed in Margate, (this includes the idea of
public non-gallery display).
· They will be used to create an interactive map that will be distributed as
a CD. This can have the dual function of being a record of the project and
also an aid for the regeneration process.
Get Your Private, Free E-mail from at http://www. .com.